No Code: A Definition
What is no-code ? No code is often referred to as a platform enabling the democratisation of artificial intelligence. Indeed, it is a great opportunity for non tech users to use AI and machine learning without necessarily being experts in the field. That being said, creating a no-code platform still requires basic IT knowledge. It essentially enables small businesses with a limited budget to still build software apps without having to go through the entire traditional coding mechanisms which are a far more complex, time consuming and draining process.
What is the difference between no-code and low code?
No-code and low-code are two incredibly similar concepts that are quite hard to distinguish. Here is how they differ and the pros of each platform.
What is low-code?
To put it simply, low-code platforms are low design applications that enable the user to build applications quickly and with minimum hand-coding. How is it done? By dragging and dropping visual blocks of existing code into a workflow to create applications. You can see it as shortcuts to build an application faster than with the traditional approach of hand-coding.
Skilled developers can work in a smarter and faster way with low-code, because they do not have to do repetitive coding. Instead, they can focus on creating an application which truly responds to the user’s needs.
What are the pros of low-code?
- High Return on Investment : With low-code, every feature is already built-in, which means fewer costs and time-saving.
- Speed : Low-code enables you to build apps within a few days/hours. As opposed to the hand-coding approach that can take weeks or even months, it gives your business a head start.
- Improved Agility : Making adjustments to your applications is easier than with traditional coding, which in turn improves your company’s agility.
- Effective Risk Management and Governance : Low-code’s built-in automated governance enables you to monitor and manage all the projects created via the low-code platform. It is also a way to ensure data security.
What is no-code?
No-code and low-code platforms are extremely similar, but the main difference lies in the fact that, with no-code, not knowing programming languages is not a liability. The tech options given such as drag & drop are all built in the platform and thus help you create an app without writing a single line of code.
No-code platforms are for companies whose goal it is to create custom applications or software.
No-code shares many advantages with low-code but is more efficient in certain aspects. While low code apps can require a significant amount of code, no-code
What are the pros of no-code?
- Faster : No-code platforms are great if you need a simple app to solve a business problem. With no-code, you don’t need to wait for IT to produce the app and then deliver it to you, a process which usually takes months.
- Easier : No-code gives non tech users the freedom and ability to address an immediate need without seeking help from a developer.
- More intuitive than low-code: No-code platforms, precisely because they do not require any line of code, are much more practical. While with low-code you can end up needing to tap thousands of lines of code, this is not something you will have to worry about when using no-code.
- Cheaper : Using a no-code platform is highly beneficial to drastically cut your company’s expenses, whether it be in development or manpower. Indeed, not every business needs a full-time developer to conceive their applications.
- Higher Productivity : No-code essentially enables employees to focus on more important and engaging tasks by reducing the time spent on dull ones.
- Reduces Shadow IT : Shadow IT refers to the systems of information and communication that are used, created and bought by companies and businesses without the approval of the Information Technology (IT) management. No code and low code platforms such as 2OS make the use of Shadow IT if not irrelevant, at least less useful.
2OS: An efficient no-code platform
2OS is a no-code platform which is a mixture of various technologies, including AI, Big Data, analytical tools, integration, etc. This whole process is behind 2OS’ success.
Thanks to the 2OS no-code platform, you merely need a few hours to create an AI application without any line of code. The interactive guide enables you to immediately use our platform without any instructions or training.
Regardless of the topic (Financial AI, Business Process Automation, Risk Management, Compliance, Automatic, Document Analysis, KYC…) or the industry in which you are specialised (Finance, Banking, Insurance, Healthcare, Law, Accounting…), 2OS will solve your problems with unprecedented efficiency.
The 2OS platform also provides you algorithms with which you can analyse your documents and data so as to extract useful information with strong value-added (DocReader). You can also measure the market yields of your brands and products (Sentiment Analysis), and learn how to better communicate with your customers (Know Your Customer/Name Screening), etc.